What an INCREDIBLE DAY! It was busy but so much fun!
It was a whirlwind of make-up and hair sessions with the talented artists from MODERN MAKEUP.
Modern Makeup is a mobile makeup & hair team servicing Toronto, GTA and Durham
Then we each had to dress and prepare for our formal interviews, media interviews and photo shoots. The interviews were wonderful and the judges truly made me feel comfortable and the media interviews and photo shoots were so much fun! It was a true “model moment!”
For lunch today we were treated to a delicious, nutritional lunch from CLEAN MEALS; a company that prides itself on fresh, health conscious and tasty food options.
CLEAN MEALS provides:
- Every meal balanced and nutritious.
- Vegan option available.
- Locally sourced fresh ingredients.
- Antibiotics and hormone free proteins.
- Ready to eat in less than 3 minutes.
- Macro and Calorie calculated.
- All meal under 500 calories.
- Peace of mind, when its time to eat.
It is so important to eat healthy and CLEAN MEALS certainly promotes a healthy eating menu.
HEALTHY Eating = HEALTHY Life
Good nutrition is the key to good mental and physical health. Eating a balanced diet is an important part of good health for everyone. The kind of food and the amount of food you eat affects the way you feel.
Eating a balanced diet is vital for good health and wellbeing. Food provides our bodies with the energy, protein, essential fats, vitamins and minerals to live, grow and do the things we like to do. We need a wide variety of different foods to provide the right amounts of nutrients for good health
The 8 Tips to Eating a Balanced and Health Diet (according to the British Nutrition Foundation) are:
- Base your meals on starchy foods.
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
- Eat more fish.
- Cut down on saturated fat and sugar.
- Try to eat less salt – not more than 6g a day.
- Get active and try to be a healthy weight.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t skip breakfast.
A healthy diet should consist of the following:
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Whole grains.
- Beans and legumes.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Fish (preferably oily fish with lots of omega-3 fatty acids), skinless poultry, and plant-based alternatives.
- Low-fat and fat-free dairy products.
- Healthier fats and non-tropical oils.
They day continued with interviews and photoshoots and concluded with a gift from LEVEL WEAR!
Each delegate received a sporty jacket. I LOVE MINE!
It is only DAY ONE but it has already been so memorable and so much fun!
Let’s see what DAY TWO has in store!